Year 8 history (PDF 96KB) topics range from The Ancient to the Modern World, The Western and Islamic World, The Asia-Pacific World and Expanding Contacts.
Year 9 history (PDF 85KB) students tackle the issues of Making a Better World and Australians at War.
Students may elect to take the 100 hour historical mysteries, conspiracies and scandals option.
Year 9 and 10 elective history (PDF 89KB) is a 200 hour course for students who wish to pursue study of elective history in Years 9 and 10. The ideal course for those with an interest in history, it covers a wide range of topics that are not studied in mandatory history and teaches skills that will be useful in senior history.
Year 10 History (PDF 89KB) students study Rights and Freedoms and the Vietnam War era.
Years 7-10 Geography (PDF 120KB) students develop an understanding of the world around them.
- In Stage 4 they investigate global environments, how these are changing and what impact they can have to influence the world.
- In Stage 5 they invesitgate how Australia is changing, the major issues to be dealt with and the links Australia has in regional and global contexts.
Years 9 and 10 commerce (PDF 91KB) students have the opportunity to study a variety of commercial concepts. This is done to improve:
- decision making as consumers
- management of personal finance
- understanding of Australian legal and political systems
- awareness of major employment issues
- business management strategies.
Year 9 international studies (PDF 90KB) students will develop an awareness of international issues including:
- cultural differences across the globe
- international relationships and conflicts
- various economic and political systems.