For the Mandatory PDHPE course for Years 7-10 areas of study include:
- health, wellbeing and relationships
- movement skill and performance
- healthy, safe and active lifestyles.
This syllabus encourages young people to take a positive approach to managing their lives and equips them with skills for current and future challenges.
In Year 9 and 10, students can study Physical Activity and Sports Studies (PASS). PASS has a strong focus on learning through movement.
Areas of study include:
- foundations of physical activity
- enhancing participation and performance
- physical activity and sport in society
This syllabus promotes the concept of learning through movement. Students participate in The Premiers Sporting Challenge to develop sport coaching and administration skills. Students are given leadership opportunities by becoming involved in the organisation of school sporting carnivals and gala days.